Uxbridge History August 9, 2023

Williamson Uxbridge

Williamson Uxbridge

Williamson Uxbridge

This picture from “Uxbridge The Good Old Days” is what the business looked like in 1975 before moving from downtown.


In 1947 Alex Williamson purchased the Imperial Oil station located at the corner or Brock Street East and Main Street and opened his Chevrolet-Oldsmobile dealership.  Williamson was located at this corner for more than 30 years.  To make room for his growing business Williamson moved his dealership south of downtown along highway 47.   To serve the Uxbridge and surrounding areas they operated 2 locations.  The Chevrolet-Oldsmobile at 259 Toronto Street South and the Pontiac-Buick-GMC at Douglas Road.   In 2010 the franchise agreements for Pontiac dealers expired.   Williamson closed the Douglas Road location and moved their Buick and GMC sales to the Toronto St location.

Williamson now serves Uxbridge out of 3 locations.

The Williamson Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC dealership located to 259 Toronto St S

The Williamson Chrysler dealership located at 253 Toronto St S

The Williamson Certified used car dealership located at 1 Banff Rd

Williamson Uxbridge

This picture from “Uxbridge The Good Old Days” shows the building at the corner of Brock St E and Main St after renovations in 1955


Williamson Uxbridge

This photo shows the corner of Brock St E and Main St as it looks today (2021)


This photo taken in 2021 is their Toronto St S (Hwy 47) location.


This photo from 2020 is the Williamson Certified location on Banff Rd (formerly Canadian Tire)


Visited Williamson Uxbridge

Read about more history in Uxbridge by following our blog post Uxbridge History

Photo Credits – Uxbridge The Good Old Days by: J. Peter Hvidsten